Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Noah says: just kidding!

He really didn't get the memo after all. The past two nights have been B-A-D. He has been waking up at least every three hours and refuses to go back to sleep unless I feed him. I tried feeding him just a little bit in case it was just out of habit, but then he wakes up just 30-45 minutes later to eat again. I really am at a loss now. I'm exhausted.

Yesterday was one of those days where I would have been happy for school to start immediately. Noah was fine (he always is, during the daytime), but the lingering effects of sleeplessness don't help my patience level with Nathan. Yesterday was just a whole collection of things. He woke up at 6:30 (he knows he's not allowed up until 7) and came into our bed; Jason told him he could stay if he was quiet. He wasn't quiet, but didn't want to go back to his own bed. Then he wanted a toy, I told him okay but pick a quiet one, so what did he choose? His "clacker" and his riding motorcycle. Really?? Up next is his maddening habit of saying "huh," "what," or "what'd you say" to EVERYTHING. It's so frustrating because I know he hears us, he just isn't listening. But if I refuse to repeat what I just said, he just looks at me blankly. If I tell him it's not funny, he says "I'm a clownfish!" Sigh. Then there were the multiple nuclear meltdowns over absolutely nothing that prevented us from doing pretty much anything constructive (I did, as I mentioned on Facebook, manage to vacuum the floors to a spotless condition). After 90 minutes of fighting him on naptime, he FINALLY went to sleep, right before Jason got home.

Despite all this, I really tried to close my eyes, breathe deeply, and be thankful for the time at home with the boys.

Here's to a better day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment