Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I usually don't subscribe to the concept of spring cleaning, but this year I am participating, because in a few short weeks any notion of free time will be gone. My version of spring cleaning is more like streamlining and reducing clutter before all hell breaks loose with school. So far I have:

- gone through all of my blog subscriptions on G Reader and deleted all but the best
- made sure that I've stocked up on basics like toothpaste and shampoo so that I won't have to worry about deal-hunting for the next year
- in the same vein, tossed all of my coupons and moved to a clip-as-they-arrive strategy, clipping only the ones I will definitely or probably use
- gotten rid of most of Noah's baby stuff so it's not sitting around waiting on me to deal with it
- organized the pantry (3 times, this might be a little bit of overkill)
- started waking up fully at 6 a.m. when Noah wakes up, rather than trying to go back to sleep
- used all of my groupons except for one that I will use next week
- started a pinterest board of freezer meals and started trying out some easy prep-ahead meals
- in the next few days, I will be trying one formula bottle per day with Noah to start getting him used to the idea of both a bottle and formula. I probably am not going to pump to try to cover this because it's a LOT of time and energy to produce just a few ounces, and I don't think I can manage that on top of everything else once school starts. We'll see.

OK, if I'm really being honest, I'm a little antsy and have a lot of nervous energy to burn off. I'm the kind of person that needs a goal in the future to be an anchor- whether it be planning the next vacation, working towards getting into school, moving, whatever. Right now I kind of feel like I'm in between goals. I've achieved the "getting into school" one, but am not yet in the "pass all my classes and get my BSN" one. I feel like I'm at the very top of a roller coaster, holding my breath, waiting for the drop. Here's hoping I don't go insane in the next 7 weeks! But who's counting? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment