Sunday, April 1, 2012

Noah's first sleepover

This weekend was my first night away from Noah- he went to my parents' house for an overnight stay along with his big brother. I was REALLY anxious, but I also knew that I had to let him go sometime, and with school starting in just over a month, I'm going to have to get used to being away from him pretty soon. Everything turned out fine ("just like I said it would," my mom would say :)). He didn't seem to have any separation anxiety, they had fun at the beach, and he even slept pretty well.

It was SO weird not to have any kids around- I'm used to Nathan being away, but Noah is a pretty constant fixture. I'd love to tell you that we went downtown and partied, went out for a fancy dinner, and then slept in, but that would be a lie. What I did do was go see a movie (so, see, at least I did one fun thing!), go to Target sans kids (an easy and pleasant experience!), and clean the blinds (I'm afraid Nathan will try to copy me if he sees me doing it).

After the big sleepover, I went to my parents' to hang out for a while and pick up Noah, while Nathan stayed there so he could have a special Busch Gardens day with them today. In the 24 hours that Noah was away, he learned how to get up on his hands and knees and rock. It's true that babies change overnight.

Speaking of overnights, I had waited to blog about this in case it was a fluke or (worse) I jinxed it by blogging about it. But, here it is: Noah is sleeping through the night! It started last week and has become pretty much regular now- I nurse him and put him down sometime between 6 and 7 and then don't feed him again until 5 or 6! There was a time when I would have thought a 6 a.m. wakeup time was totally unacceptable, but this actually works out good, because I can get up, nurse him, and ease into my day. In a few weeks, this valuable time when Nathan's still asleep will be instrumental in getting organized enough to get out of the house on time.

That's all there is to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment