Friday, July 22, 2011

Name and PUPPP

So, I think I am finally settled on the name Lincoln (Jason decided this was the name months ago, but it took a while to grow on me). I think part of it has been that I just have felt very surreal about the baby coming, but magically today I'm feeling ready for him to be here, ready for him to have a name, and ready to adapt to life with two kids.

For sure, part of it was that up until now I was sort of mourning the fact that this will be my last pregnancy and last baby, but this morning when I woke up I was feeling excited about the prospect of moving on to the next stage in life, having two kids who will be able to communicate and play with one another, and of course eventually go on cruises again :) It's all perspective- lasts give way to firsts!

In other more depressing news, at my midwife appointment yesterday I mentioned the awful rash I had last pregnancy, and that I was fearful that it would recur. Well, as soon as she took one look at my belly, she said "you have a rash, and it looks like PUPPP." Very matter of fact. My heart sank. Last time, my OB swore it wasn't PUPPP because I wasn't miserable enough. To that, I say bullshit. I didn't sleep, I could barely work, and my hands felt arthritic from all the scratching I did. I felt like a crazy person.

I had been a little itchy on my belly, but chalked it up to stretch marks. It turns out that I just can't see the southern hemisphere of my belly, so I didn't realize it was an actual rash. Sigh. I have already broken out the calamine lotion and purchased a special soap that makes my house smell like a forest fire. I am crossing my fingers and praying to every god that this rash doesn't spread like it did last time. I'm also now motivated than ever to get Lincoln to arrive soon, before I become a complete train wreck.

I'm in the home stretch at work, only 4 more work days left!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment