Sunday, July 24, 2011

A new phase

This morning, we had a new kind of experience... We have not been able to get Nathan to poop on the potty, but he will let us know he's about to go by telling us he's hiding or wants privacy. Then he'll go do his thing and let us know when he is done. At that point, we have the usual conversation about getting TWO m&ms if he goes on the potty next time (he knows this and usually will tell me that's what he'll do next time). Well, this morning he told me he was hiding in his bathroom- no problem. I sat down at the computer and he came up behind me "mommy, look, I went poo poo, see??" With his diaper in his hands. Wow. It could have been a lot messier, we really lucked out. I just told him very calmly that he needed to tell me BEFORE, and that we needed to go put a clean diaper on.

I thought (was hoping) that this was a fluke. But then...
He has been laying in bed not napping for the past hour, instead, he fashioned an imaginary "baby brother" out of his towel and has been talking to him ("we go to splash pad, but no go in alligator water, it'll bite you!") and rocking him. So cute!

Lately I have been telling him before bed that if he has to pee to call for me to come get him to take him to the potty. Well, I hear "mommy, I have to pee!" So I run in there, and he is laying there with his diaper in hand, telling me he peed in his diaper. Sigh. Almost there. Luckily, he really did pee in the diaper and then take it off, rather than the other way around!

No comments:

Post a Comment