Sunday, September 4, 2011

3 (almost 4) weeks

My google calendar tasks list has gone from looking something like this:
- finish Bank of America grant app
- write Board email
- update resident handbook

to looking more like this:
- laundry
- dishes
- update mint.com

This is neither a positive nor a negative, just a stark contrast between my two lives. At this point in Nathan's life (3 weeks), I was headed back to the office a few days a week. Now, I'm just barely a third of the way through my planned maternity leave!

Nathan's been pretty interested in the whole breastfeeding process, including pumping (mommy's milk machine, he calls it), and so yesterday I taught him that making milk for baby Noah is mommy's special superpower. Maybe not 100% aboveboard, but I couldn't resist!

We continue to do battle over pooping on the potty. Yesterday, when Nathan told me he had to go, I tried to take a different (ok, slightly callous) approach. I stripped off his shorts and diaper and took him to the bathroom. Where he cried and screamed and didn't go for 20 minutes. I promised him ANYTHING he wanted (his requests were to go to the midwife's office and to the hospital, how weird is that??) but he still wouldn't go. I finally relented and gave him a diaper, and he went in that. Sigh. We are getting close to the days where we're just going to hang out in the backyard with no diaper all day until he gets the hang of it. As soon as my physical strength, intestinal fortitude, and the weather allow...

No comments:

Post a Comment