Sunday, June 6, 2010

Despite a playdate being sneezed out (aren't they, 90% of the time??), we had a good weekend. Not so productive, but good at least. Today's highlights included going on a "date" (just Nathan and me) to the Yogurt Factory, where you can pick your own flavors, your own amount, and your own toppings. Nathan LOVED it and it was a cheap date at $2.65 for the two of us. Then we worked on learning body parts for a little while, but Nathan thinks all parts are his head and that his shoes are really his feet. Sigh.

I attempted to relive my old single days, when I actually had to move things, install things, and hang things on my own. I was never good at it, but is it possible that I lost whatever little amount of skill I did have? The house is still in pretty good disarray from the move, and although I know J worked really hard to make the move as easy on me as possible (and it was) I still get frustrated when I see things that need to be done... So, sometimes, I try to do them by myself. I figured that if I could at least get Nathan's curtain rod hung somewhat straight, Jason wouldn't complain. He might go back and fix it later, but I'd still be one curtain rod to the good. Well, somehow I managed to hit a stud or something, which means I couldn't put the anchors in. Which means I tried to go search for shorter screws, because ridiculous work-arounds are how i roll. But nothing :( So now, not only do I not have a curtain rod, I'm going to have to explain my ineptitude to Jason. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment