Thursday, June 3, 2010

Milestones

Since I haven't posted for so long, why don't I just do a current update that covers the last seven months (thank you to FB for allowing me to recall past statuses to recreate this). It'll make me feel better, so too bad if you don't like it:
  • First Hannukah and Christmas: Hannukah was at my aunt's house, and Nathan had a great time running around. Christmas, he slept through. Yup, the whole thing
  • First birthday, February 2010: held at Grandma and Grandpa's in Viera, and yes I did allow him to have his very own smash cake. No, it was not organic. He stayed awake through the entire thing and did not have a meltdown.
  • February 26th: Nathan tries to build a large hadron collider out of cheerios and his playskool busy ball-tivity center. This may be significant later when he's writing his memoirs about where he began in engineering :)
  • March 2nd: Nathan realizes he loves books and asks me to read Elmer's first counting book 14 times in a row
  • March 10th: Nathan announces his first word... Cheese
  • Easter: Nathan learns how to do an easter egg hunt and puts the eggs in the basket, rather than sitting IN the basket like he did last year
  • May 6th: we move from our huge house out in the boonies to our smaller house in the "city." I'm unbelievably happy to be 3 minutes from Publix and closer to many of my friends, but sad that Nathan will have to move from day care with my sister in law to "real" day care.
  • May 24th: Nathan has his first day at "real" day care
  • May 31st: I have a total breakdown and refuse to send him anywhere but to my sister in law's, even with the commute down SR 50.
And that brings us to present day. Think of it as a photo montage minus the photos. And, for the record, here's Nathan's current vocabulary: cheese, doggie, daddy (no mommy!), waffle, blueberry (are we seeing a theme here??), juice, up, open, uh-oh, Goodnight Moon (sounds like guhhh mmmmmm), book, shoes. He also signs more, please, eat, all done, and now frog.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Yeah you have to be comfortable with who is taking care of him :) I love the recap of his milestones and I'm so glad you live close now, we'll have to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete