Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nathan goes through a window

First off, the remainder of our Baltimore trip was great. Lots of good food, good company, a visit to Amish country, and then a late flight home. We went straight to my parents' to pick Nathan up and then were up bright and early the next day for swim lessons.

If you've read my previous post on swim lessons (and looked at the pictures), you know that swim lessons are not one of Nathan's favorite activities. Well, this weekend at my parents' house, he went in the pool to hang out, and then told my mom "go," which is what the swim instructor says to him when he's supposed to swim to the step. so she asked him if he want to swim and said ready set go, and the kid put his face in the water and got to the step. And stood up and clapped for himself. And then signed more, more more. So they repeated this a few times, with the same positive results. So yesterday, we were cautiously optimistic that the lesson would go well, and it did! He was like a totally different child. I wish I could have caught on camera the first smile when he came up onto the step. Whenever he takes a huge developmental step like this, my mom calls it going through a window. He didn't literally go through a window, don't worry.

In addition to his newfound love for swimming, he came back from grandma's with some new words: down, banana, and one other that's escaping me at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I was totally scared when I saw the title and then read about swim lessons....knew it would end well but thought you would find the swim lessons worked via a different way. That's awesome though! It's almost unbelievable how fast they learn.

    ReplyDelete